Monday, July 4, 2011

Preparations Pt. Two (Emotions)

I have come to learn that most funerals are not for the deceased, but for the ones who are left. Would Steven really care about the flowers or what color his casket is? Certainly not! It is difficult to know what Steven truly would have wanted, for he died far too young.
Everythin' has been taken care of, the funeral has been planned; but no amount of preparin' for the funeral, prepares you for the funeral. I still cry at night. I still long and wish that he was here. I still wish that it was not Steven who was stuck on the highway. After tomorrow after the service and the wake, nothin' will go back to the way it used to be. I will still be without my love, missin' Steven terribly.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Hi Nate!

Unknown said...

I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thank's for all. Regards, ergonomics in the workplace really hope to be your friends

lake charles self storage said...

It is always appropriate to be ready, you'll never know what is going to strike next.

Physity said...

Your blog is very good! I have to tell you, that I feel you 100% on the emotions. But it does get easier. From the Almighty we are created and to the Almighty we return-some might say. We all have our opinions on that, I am sure. Any who, I look forward to reading ya some more!
Physity